Architecture and Windows
St Chad's church was consecrated on July 6th 1910. The building was designed by GF Bodley and after his death completed by his partner CG Hare. The church was the gift of the first Lord Burton, built at the cost of 謰00.
The building is Grade 1 listed and is built of Hollington stone. As well as the building itself the church is home to a number of stained glass windows and carvings. Amongst some of the more noteable items are the Good Shepherd window, a rerodos depicting the last supper after the style of da Vinci. Pevsner stated that St Chad's is the finest building in Burton upon Trent and John Betjamin described it as 'a cathedral on a mean street'.
<<<< Hover over the image on the left to see more of the building.